A project that creates value and competitiveness and contributes to energy transitions
In response to the i-Demo call for projects, P4Hydro was selected by bpifrance to develop a new high-efficiency power transmission technology to produce or use energy more efficiently in the world of tomorrow. P4Hydro aims to improve the energy performance and controllability of off-road machines and wind power transmissions.
A high-performance piezohydraulic transmission
The piezohydraulic transmission developed as part of the P4Hydro project has two objectives:
- Improve the efficiency of hydraulic transmissions and the controllability of off-road machines
- Increase the productivity of wind turbines by optimizing their operating range
These 2 objectives will be achieved by developming a piezohydraulic wind generator and a high-efficiency hydraulic system, equipped with ultra-fast piezohydraulic valves.
As for the wind turbines, the generator, once its efficiency improved thanks to this new power transmission system, will be installed on a new generation wind turbine from Provence Eco Energie.
A 5-year project
The P4Hydro project began in 2023 and will progress until its completion in 2027. Key moments are already punctuating this project, such as:
- March 2023: launch of the project during a day bringing together all the partners in La Ciotat
- July 2023: delivery of ultra-fast valves developed by PYTHEAS Technology to Poclain Hydraulics
- September 2023: completion of the first tests of the power electronics developed by the Ampère laboratory
- September and October 2023: installation of the hydraulic motor demonstrator at POCLAIN
We will keep you regularly informed of this project’s progress, please do not hesitate to subscribe to our Linkedin page or regularly consult the “news” tab of our website to stay informed.